Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Olympic "Games" Wrap-up

I realize that the Olympics have been over for several days now, but I am just now getting around to reviewing my impressions from the Events.

...Michael Phelps is amazing. That goes without saying, but I said it anyway.
...It felt a little weird to cheer for Kobe Bryant. I can't decide how I feel about that.
...Olympic Indoor Volleyball is quite possibly the most exciting sport to watch. Those athletes are unbelievable. I not-so-secretly wish that I were an Olympic volleyball player.
...The Men's Gold Medal Volleyball game was probably the best moment from the games. I must admit I was completely caught up in the drama behind the ordeal with Hugh McCutcheon and his family. It's always fun to cheer for some ex-Cougars.
...Michael Phelps .01 second victory was a close second favorite memory
...The Mens Relay win over France was also a highlight.

Finally, please allow me to rant for a moment. I realize that they are the Olympic "Games", not the Olympic "Sports". However, it really irks me that Baseball and Softball have been removed from the 2012 games in London. (Disclaimer: I don't even watch Baseball or Softball in the Olympics, I am just arguing the point) What bothers me the most is that Trampoline, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Synchronized Swimming ARE recognized as Olympic Events. In protest, I feel it necessary to start a petition to have the following "games" become Olympic events.

Dodgeball
Croquet
Red Rover
Twister
Duck Duck Goose
Pin the Tail on the Donkey
Annie I Over
Hopscotch
Kickball
Buns Up
Hot Box
Steal the Flag

I won't give up the dream of becoming an Olympic athlete. I'll begin my training immediately to win the 2012 Duck Duck Goose Olympic Gold Medal.

5 comments:

nancy said...

I am 100% with you on the "new olympic" games. I think our family alone could win gold in all the events, we are just that good. So keep on tryin and some day it will be our faces on t.v.

Rebecca said...

I so want in on the USA duck duck goose team. I rocked at that in elementary school! It's got to be like riding a bike--you never forget how to do it, and you certainly must improve with age!!! Sign me up!

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Pretty funny! I keep forgetting you guys have a blog now... so we'll have to check in more often. I think dodgeball requires skill, agility, and endurance... why not an Olympic sport!?

The Johnsons said...

I am so trying out for the Annie I Over US team. I love that game and since I can't really excel in any of the really sports, I might as well try that one! good luck and let me know when try-outs begin

Sorensen Family said...

What, I didn't know you had a blog. It is really cute, you looke like a pro. FUN! We should get together again.

linsey :)