Here goes a list of random thoughts:
- Are our lives really that exciting that would warrant an entire blog dedicated to what we are doing?
- Am I blogging about life experiences, or am I creating experiences just so I can blog about them? (See #1)
- Does it bother me that anybody and everybody can read what we post, and I have no idea who it is that is reading? Allow me to use an example...this is like turning on all the lights in your house at night, then opening all the blinds. All the world can see you, but you can't see them. This is a little disturbing to me, I don't know why.
- Should we set our blog to Private and "close the blinds"? (See #3) Am I an elitist if I do? (Please don't be offended if your blog is set to private...we appreciate the opportunity to be an elitist with you.)
- What is the protocol for adding Friends to your blog site? Do you add links to everyone that you know, or only the people that you like to hang out with? This is quite the dilemma. Having said that, please don't be offended if your blog is not linked on ours...I'm sure it's purely an oversight.
- Do we really want the people in our Ward to know how we really are? Do they think we are cooler than what our blog is going to reveal, or do they already think we're lame and is this blog a chance to redeem ourselves?
- What kind of music is acceptable to post on our blog? (See #6) Can I add some Guns-n-Roses and Eminem, or should we play it safe with some Journey and Sarah McLachlan?
- I feel overwhelming pressure that our blog entries must be entertaining. Is anybody else going to care what we do with our time? Will you all lose interest if we continually blog about nothing in particular?
Sorry for the rambling...I didn't get much sleep last night. I was up late worrying about what I was going to blog about.






10 comments:
Your hilarious! Those are some great questions. I would like to know the answers. What I do know, is that I love to drive around at night and look for people who accidentally left their lights on and blinds open:)
HaHa, you raise some good questions. Here is my input...I would add anyone that you would say are friendly with or "assiocate" with..be it a good friend or someone you just talk to when you see them. I like to think of my entries as my way of keeping a journal. If someone is bored with what I am writing...they don't have to read it!!! I have not yet been bored with a blog post though, I like hearing all the little tidbits about everyone's daily lives...so I wouldn't worry!! I enjoy hearing more!
I love your questions, they, in and of themselves, were a GREAT blog entry!!! There are so many opinions out there. For myself, this started as a way to finally do a family journal. At the end of each year, I am going to make a book out of my blog entries and pictures. ALso, it has been a really fun way to keep in touch with family and friends. I have reconnected to old friends thru "blog surfing". And, it's been really fun to get to know "local" friends better...so bring on the Guns and Roses!!!!!
To answer your questions... yes.
i'm pretty sure blogs aren't suppose to raise your blood pressure. :) you are so funny!
As Kim was "blog-surfing" I found myself "blog-stalking" so I think that my reasoning for starting a blog was so that I didn't feel as guilty spying on other people. I can rationalize anything... But those are great questions!
I love it! Very thought provoking! :) I made mine private... the blind scenario pretty much explains why. I invite anyone who asks, really- but it just weirds me out knowing random people follow our lives.
But I love keeping in touch, and feel free to add us to your list, though only family can see us. :)
don't think about it to much! just have fun.
You completely crack me up! I loved reading all of your questions and thoughts, mostly because they have all run through my own mind at one time or another--especially when I all of a sudden had some random comment on one of my posts from a complete stranger which consequently made me seriously consider the private option!! Weird, but I do love being able to catch up with everyone! I try not to think about it too much, and just have fun with it!
This cracks me up -- Rebecca, Amanda and I had this conversation about how your questions are things we've all thought about at one point or another! Like Kim, I mostly got into this to be able to keep up with family and friends that I don't talk to frequently. I say blog about whatever floats your boat and if people want to read it, I'm sure they'll be glad you shared...if they don't, they can click the little X and go on with their lives! Glad to have you in blogland.
Post a Comment