Monday, September 22, 2008

Lightning McQueen's Sickness

We had learned a long time ago that Nolan is watching and listening, especially when we think he is not. Last week, we had all stayed at home because of sickness. Nolan was playing with some of his cars and decided to draw our attention to this...


At first glance, it appeared that Lightning McQueen had been involved in a bad case of road rage. Nolan quickly pointed out that our friend Lightning was sick, and was getting a blessing from the green and purple cars! He explained that because they had the "Priesthood", they could give him a blessing. We started to explain to him that cars could not have the Priesthood, but quickly realized that he already understood more than we had given him credit for. He then gave us a demonstration of how Lightning had been healed...



Later that same day...Nolan was caring for his Build-A-Bear, appropriately named "Jasper the Jazz Bear". Logically, Jasper is a newborn bear and needed caring for just like his little brother Drew. Jasper was carefully nursed, burped...then potty trained by Nolan. If only the transition was that easy. We (including Drew) are glad that he's practicing his parenting skills on a teddy bear.





Nolan is a funny and smart kid, and we've got our work cut out for us, but we sure love him.

7 comments:

The Tucketts said...

Oh my gosh, that is way too cute! It makes you want to be careful of what you do around little ones :)

Jon, Britt & the boys said...

Oh my gosh... Nolan is seriously so hilarious! He is smarter than any kid I've ever known at that age. I love the bear on the potty... seriously. I think it's sweet that he obviously has faith in the priesthood at such a young age. What a character though!

Sarah said...

He is too cute! It's so funny how they pick things up so easily and want to be just like mom and dad. What a sweet little boy!

Ashlee said...

That's so cute. I'm always amazed at how much they hear and take in when we aren't paying attention! SCARY!

One week when Grant was probably about 4 months old, I picked Liza up from nursery and her leader told me that she'd been nursing the dolls. Lovely. :) Her babies don't learn as quickly as Nolan's... so maybe next time he can teach her the speed method.

Kim said...

That's gotta be the cutest story EVER! I remember when we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house a long time ago and Nolan busted out the ABC at age 12 weeks. (K obviously not at 12 weeks but he was freakishly young to have been able to do it) Miss you guys!

Bethany said...

So cute! Glad Lightning feels better! He definately has great examples around him!

Jen Wade said...

Hey Ryan and debbie ok that car thing is adorable, sooo cute, I love it, and I love your playlist we are totally going to that concer too!! Good stuff :)love the blog :)