So...we're starting to get behind on updating the life and times of the Thurstons, thus, we must resort to a summarized, "cliff notes" version of what's been happening. Here goes...
Ward Campout - BYU Game
We attended our Ward Campout and the first BYU football game a couple weekends ago. Boring pictures, but they depict what we spent most of our time doing. The only pics from the Ward Campout are from inside our tent...lying there. awake. not asleep. We "woke up" that morning and drove down the canyon to the BYU game. It was very hot, and very fun. No pics from the actual game, only from the moments of relief from the sun under the stadium. We also managed to fit in a visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house before we headed to the game.
Nolan's 3rd Birthday Party
Nolan recently turned 3 years old and we gathered as a family to celebrate him. We can't believe that he's already three, while many others cannot believe that he's only three. He is a great kid, we love him very much, and are so lucky to have him in our family.
Wasatch 2008
Every year, over the past 30+ years, Ryan's family has been attending Wasatch State Park. It is a very fun tradition that includes, camping, cards, football, golf, crafts, and lot's of fun. It is one of my favorite events of the year. It is a very different experience now, than when I was little, but still very fun. As a family, Deb and I have started our own tradition of going up on Thursday, making a stop at the Dairy Keen in Midway, then heading up to the campground. We also love to take the kids to the pond to feed the ducks. Of course, a Wasatch trip would not be complete without a round of golf on the Mountain course on Saturday, some craft making for the girls, throwing the football around, playing some rook, and chasing after the kids. It is really a lot of fun. We already look forward to another trip next year.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















1 comment:
Wow... two camping trips in the same month! Jon says we're done camping. I think it will be easier next year. I hear Deb and Nolan are sick now too. I'm SO sorry!!! Let us know if you need anything. Again... I'm sorry! Had I known I had caught some nasty bug I would have steered clear. It's the worst being sick!
Post a Comment