Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sundance Film Festival 2008 - U23D

In honor of the opening of the Sundance Film Festival today, we were reflecting on our experience at Sundance last year. Because we didn't have a blog last year, we are posting the evidence now.

Those of you who know us well, know that we are avid U2 fans. In our "pre-kids" days we would travel around and see U2 as often as we could, and as much as we could afford. We've seen them in Salt Lake twice, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and 3 times in Seattle. We even met Bono on the Las Vegas strip one time (but, we'll save the details of that for a later post).

Anyway, we were lucky enough to buy tickets to the World Premiere of their concert film U23D at Sundance last year. Debbie and I, along with Amy and Casey, scored seats on the second row of the show thanks to some sweet talking by Casey, and I'm sure some flirting with the theatre ushers by Amy . It was an awesome show. The rumors that the band would be there to see the show were true, along with numerous other celebrities like Woody Harrelson (who sat right behind us), Al Gore, and of course Robert Redford. After the show, the band went up on stage for Questions and Answers and I couldn't pass up my one opportunity to ask them a question. Here is the result...




It was definately an experience we'll never forget. It was also the first time we had ever been to Sundance. We also saw another film while we were there, Bruce Willis and Robert De Niro were even in attendance. We hope to make it back up to the festival this year because it was so much fun.

4 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

OK! I really know my age is showing I don't know who U2 are but after watching the video that helped me see how much you like them. I am willing to hear some of their songs.Thanks for keeping me young.

Camilla said...

That looked so cool! Really awesome.

Anonymous said...

I thought of you guys this morning when 101.9 The End played the new U2 song. It was good. Different than "regular" U2, but good. I never got too much into U2, but love Duran Duran and Depeche Mode. There....there's putting my age out there!

Josh and Britany said...

So cool!!